WHAT IS A CHARTER SCHOOL?
A charter school is a free public school in which parents and students, educators, and the community actively choose to participate. Charter schools are governed by a group of parents, community members, and teachers.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF PROJECT-BASED LEARNING?
- Project-based learning
- Integrates subject areas into meaningful, authentic projects
- The content is student driven
- Projects with real world purpose and meaning
- Develops higher order thinking skills
- Promotes life-long learning
- Infuses technology into the classroom
- Student-centered learning
- Opportunities to work both in groups and individually
- Promotes 21st Century skills
WHEN ARE CIRRUS HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATIONS DUE?
We accept applications year-round. If our maximum enrollment has been met, priority is given to those who have applied by the last Friday in February for the following school year.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applications are available online, in Cirrus High School, at the Cirrus/Laconia High School office, and in the RBSD middle school offices.
WHERE IS CIRRUS HIGH SCHOOL?
Cirrus High School is located in the same building as Laconia High School in Rosendale, Wis..
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN CIRRUS HIGH SCHOOL?
Cirrus High School is open to all students entering grades 9-12. It will fit best with students who
- are independent learners
- like to move at their own pace
- find the structure of a regular classroom limiting or struggle with this structure
- can take responsibility for their own learning by meeting core standards within their projects
- would like a more family-like learning environment
- enjoy volunteering and serving the community
CAN I TAKE COURSES OUTSIDE OF CIRRUS HIGH SCHOOL?
Yes, students are able to take up to two credits at Laconia High School. This may include electives, AP classes, or core classes depending on what is best for the particular student. Because of our flexible schedule, students may also take college classes or private lessons that fit into their personal learning plan and could count for high school credits.
Students can also earn high school and college credit for Youth Options and are encouraged to participate in internships their junior or senior year.
HOW WILL THIS PREPARE ME FOR LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL?
Each student will have an individualized education plan focused on the student’s post high school goals and then be given the flexibility to work toward those goals. Students will gain valuable skills required in real world experiences such as:
- Communicating and collaborating effectively
- Building a strong portfolio
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Personal and social responsibility
- Technological literacy
HOW WILL A GRADUATE GET INTO COLLEGE?
Cirrus High School graduates will have a Rosendale-Brandon School District transcript as well as a portfolio that includes their research, projects, and field experiences.
All Cirrus graduates who have chosen to pursue higher education have gotten into the colleges and tech. schools of their choice since we opened in 2013-14.
WHAT IF I AM NOT IN THE ROSENDALE / BRANDON SCHOOL DISTRICT?
No problem! You simply need to open enroll into our district (if you haven’t done so already) and apply to Cirrus with the same application all other prospective students use.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CIRRUS HIGH SCHOOL?
The Cirrus High School school day provides flexibility. Students will have opportunities to earn credits through integrated seminars, individual projects, and community partnerships.
- Real world experiences through partnerships with individuals and businesses in the community
- Multi-age learning opportunities
- More one on one time with teachers
- Cutting edge technology at their fingertips
- Flexibility for students to explore their own interests while meeting high school requirement