2021-2022 SPARTAN SENTINEL INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE
Send all items to Danielle Olejniczak at the Publications Gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) as email attachments or share in Google drive. Items submitted after the deadline will be saved for the next issue.
Article and Caption Format
- Type your article in Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Use Times New Roman Font, generally, size 10, single-spaced, justified.
- Include a title in size 18, bold (try to limit to 6 words or fewer)
- Include a byline with the title and name of the person submitting (Ex: Laconia English Teacher Danielle Olejniczak OR District Email Specialist Suzy Smith), size 10 bold
- Include a caption for each photo you submit, bolded at the bottom of the article (or wherever you want the picture placed). The caption should include a brief description of the action in the photo and the first and last names of all individuals pictured (this should be done left to right by row, but please do not include the phrases “l-r” or “left to right” in the caption – this is a journalistic convention of all newspapers) . Without names, your photo cannot be published. (Ex: Danielle Olejniczak stands in awe of the amazing teaching performed by teachers Suzy Smith, John Joe and Ronald Weasley. OR Students in Mr. Joe’s first-grade class play on the jungle gym. First row: Student 1, Student 2 and Student 3. Second row: Student 4, Student 5, Student 6)
Download your photo from your digital camera to your computer. Then save your picture as a .tif or a .jpeg file. (Please do not save photos within your Microsoft Word or Google document.) Save the photo with a file name that relates to your article and so I can tell what caption goes with what picture. Send as an email attachment (preferred) or via Google Drive. Your building’s media specialist is a great resource if you need help. And don’t forget to include your caption on the main article document!
Please refer to the chart below for the deadline and publication information. For your reference, the next submission deadline is will also be listed on the final page of the most current issue of The Spartan Sentinel. Please note that LHS publications students have only 5 class periods to create the paper. If you submit items late, they will be held until the next edition of the paper.
2021-22 Spartan Sentinel Schedule
|Article Submission Deadline||Arrives in Mailboxes|
|1. Fri, Jul 31||Friday, Aug 6|
|2. Thurs., Sept. 16||Saturday, October 2|
|3. Thurs., Oct. 21||Saturday, Nov. 6|
|4. Tues., Nov. 23||Saturday, Dec 11|
|5. Fri., Dec. 31||Saturday, Jan 15|
|6. Thurs., Jan. 27||Saturday, Feb 12|
|7. Thurs., Feb. 24||Saturday, Mar 12|
|8. Thurs., March 24||Saturday, Apr 9|
|9. Thurs., Apr. 21||Saturday, May 7|
|10. Thurs., May 19||Saturday, June 4|